Sunday, September 11, 2011

"ReUsing" on my Toronto Weekend

I'm spending the weekend in Toronto. Saturday was Lauren's 11th birthday party - what a great time.  I did some "reusing" with a pair of PJs that I had made for Lauren for Christmas in 2008.  That year I made her the PJs along with a quilt the they have been using on the sofa in the family room. The bottoms were way too short - so I cut them off and hemmed them - and voila she now has shorts (which she is already wearing so no picture).

Then I took the top and transformed it into a cushion cover that she can have on her bed.  Here it is along with the leftover pieces. The back of had the appliquéd logo for the Maple Leafs. I left the front buttons as the way to  open up the cover to take it off and on the cushion.  There is also a picture of the lap quilt is also here.  By the time I was taking the pictures and putting them up on this blog Lauren had gone off with her friend (wearing the shorts) so no picture of the shorts.



No comments:

Post a Comment