Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby Quilts

During the fall months I made several baby quilts for colleagues at work, as well as for a charity auction.




This Alphabet quilt was made for a colleague who had a baby boy in November 2013. The sashing fabric was a cute tumbling blocks print with the alphabet letters again.

These two quilts were made for the auction that AWBO (Association of Women Business Owners) had in December. The proceeds went to Carey Home for Girls in Lafayette, IN.  It was great to use fabrics from my stash. By packaging them with a couple of Beanie Babies (that friends have collected for me from garage sales:)) they were popular items at the auction.

This one started with a section of Mother Goose Fabric that I coordinated with the borders.


This one was made with flannel squares and rectangles. I had some left over pieces of the flannel with the lions and animals that became the "theme" pieces.


This cute Dinosaur panel was a great starting point for a wonderful quilt for a new Baby Boy, born to one of my colleagues.


This time the panel was out of flannel, and combining it with the yellow and purple borders made a soft quilt for a new Baby Girl, born to one of my colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment