Monday, July 14, 2014

60th Wedding Anniversary

We had a wonderful celebration in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on July 13 for Mom and Dad's 60th Wedding Anniversary (they were married July 10, 1954). Over 130 friends and family members came from all over for a fantastic day of reconnecting and visiting. It was a perfect day.

Here is Mom and Dad. I was pleased to be able to make Mom's dress. I used to sew lots of clothes for both Mom and myself, but recently it has been more economical to buy clothes so I got away from sewing. For a special occasion it was fun to make the dress.


When I was visiting Mom and Dad in May we made 3 layers of fruit cake - for the anniversary. Teri (my sister-in-law), Lauren (my niece) and I decorated the cake before the party.


We cut up the 3rd layer ahead of time so that it was ready for people to enjoy at the party.


We had a crowd that liked fruit cake as all of these trays were emptied and we cut up another layer. So - all that is left is the top layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment