Thursday, May 12, 2011

FibR Exhibit at Tippecanoe Arts Federation

Our FibR arts group has a show that we hung on Monday, May 9.  Nothing like deadlines to motivate a person - so over the weekend I worked to finish up pieces for the show.

Here is my African Business Woman that I finished with border fabric that I had purchased in Ghana last November.
Here is the Flower Garden Confergence that I added a black marbled border to.  I quilted flower designs in the quilting in the center of the quilt and leaves in the border.

Here is a lap size quilt made from batiks - that really does set things off when it is hanging above the fireplace. I used a pantograph quilting pattern that turned out to be very effective.

The final piece I have in the show started as one of my hand-dyed pieces of fabric

I did lots of stitching on it - and this is the end result.  As I worked on it I was trying to decide if it was mnore like a yellow flower (the dandelions were seeming similar) or a sunburst.  I ended up calling it sunburt.
I also finished the Sunflower Convergence.  It just didn't fit with the rest of the pieces in the show - but Angie Flack was looking for a new quilt to hang in her work area and so that is where it found a home.  She is very pleased with how it brightens up her work area.
I had fun with the quilting for this one also - notice I quilted a sunflower design into the quilting

1 comment:

  1. These all look spectacular! Love your fabric choices on the convergence quilts and the quilting looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete