Sunday, April 7, 2013

Art Mix 2013

I am putting 3 pieces into the Tippecanoe Arts Federation Art Mix this year. This one is titled "Explosion of Sun and Fire". I started with a hand-dyed piece that I made. I wanted to add some interest so for the alternate strips I took a piece (black with white dots). After painting I got a piece that was black with color that came through where the white dots had been. Once I got the center done I wanted something customized for the border - so I painted the fabric for the border. I quilted it with the pebble quilting design, changing thread color to match the background colors.

This I-Pad case started with the satin piece that I painted (air brushing) last fall at a workshop in Indianapolis. It was great fun embellishing it.

This I-Pad case started with the flower. I painted that flower under the wonderful coaching of Mary Bunte a couple of years ago (thank you Mary - I never would have thought I could paint like that). When I found the piece as I was working on things for Art Mix I realized I needed something for the border - so I painted the fabric for the border. Then I had fun adding quilting stitching to enhance it.


No comments:

Post a Comment