Sunday, April 7, 2013

Farewell Quilts

Angie Flack announced that she was leaving the Ag Econ department and taking a different job at Purdue that would allow her time to expand her balloon art business called High Expectations in June last year.  I was attending a quilt retreat at Ghost Ranch in New Mexico then. After reading the email I went to the studio we were working in and announced to everyone that my secretary was leaving - and they immediately understood what a loss this meant for me.  I declared that I had to make her a quilt - so I pulled out the batik fabrics I had taken with me and started to piece the top. After getting the center done I knew it needed something more - so I decided to paint the fabric pieces for the borders. Here is me painting the border pieces in that beautiful location in New Mexico.
It took me awhile to get Angie's quilt finished, since I returned home to house renovations. However, I did finally get it completed and here it is.
We had one other retirement this year. Brenda Pearl retired January 31, 2013 after many years of great service as the secretary in our main office.  I decided to go with a more traditional design for her quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment