Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New Garage and More Quilts

I had a second car garage added to my house this past year. This project took longer than originally intended, first due to the need to "jump through hoops" to get the variance from the county, next due to the need to get the gas company to move the gas line and finally because of all of the bad weather we had this past winter. Now it is finished and I am very pleased with the rust color of paint for the trim.


Myra Levine's daughter, Sami, graduated from high school and is getting ready to head to Denison University. I made her this laptop sleeve for her new adventures.



These two Quilts of Valor were a group project. During the Common Threads quilt retreat in Shipshewana in March participants made friendship blocks. Some of women then took the blocks and pieced the tops and I quilted them.


Johnny, one of the trainers at the gym, got married in May. Everyone at the gym got "into this" and we got lots of signatures, with several people even writing a message. As usual, I pieced the top, then got people to sign it and then I quilted it.


No comments:

Post a Comment