Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Biscotti

I made my cranberry almond biscotti here this morning in Saskatoon.  It was very popular so I decided to post it on my blog.  It had also been popular when I packaged it in Holiday tins and gave it out for office gifts.  I also took some to the Common Threads Guild meeting (Holiday Party) in December.

Here is the recipe:


Cranberry Almond Biscotti

2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
½ cup oil
2 tsp almond extract
1 1/3 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
2 cups dried cranberries

Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt . Mix eggs, sugar, oil and almond extract. Add dry ingredients. Add almonds and cranberries. Divide batter into 2 parts. Pat into 2 bars (about 4 inches by 9 inches). Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F. Using a serrate knife cut slices. Rearrange the slices (turning them on their side so they can dry out). Bake for another 10 minutes.

To toast almonds spread out on cookie sheet and bake in 350 F oven. Stir frequently unit toasty brown.

From the kitchen of Joan Fulton

No comments:

Post a Comment