Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fireplace is working and Starting to Get Things Back in Place

After over a week of waiting for the fireplace guy to come and fire up the fireplace he came on Saturday morning. As you can imagine, this is a busy time of the year for the fireplace guy. The fireplace is working great - and sure warms up the family room. The mantel is leaning up against the front of the fireplace - hopefully they will put that up tomorrow. I stained it yesterday.

On Friday morning we got the long arm quilting machine moved from the living room (where it had been during the renovations. It really did take up a lot of space in the living room.

On Saturday I quilted a quilt - and it sure was wonderful to be able to walk all around the machine with ease.

Here's a update on the bathroom.  The red and purple spiral quilt goes really nicely with the red sink..

I put up ceramic tile as a backsplash in the laundry room.  You can also see the paintbrush and roller that I was using when I was painting this weekend.
I got out my Christmas quilts and started to put some more things on the walls. It sure does feel more like "home" with things on the walls.
The quilts laying over the couch are ones that I had started before the renovations for people who were leaving our department. Needless to say, things got put "on hold" during the renovations.





No comments:

Post a Comment