Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Quilts 2011

I finished 2 quilts just in time for Christmas. The Pittsburgh Penguin quilt is for my niece, Lauren.

Here it is on the long-arm when I was part way through quilting it.


I custom quilted this one - trying out a different quilting pattern in each round on the quilt.



This quilt was for Mom for Christmas. The center is from 2 hand dyed pieces that I dyed at Ricky Tims quilt retreat last summer. The one is a spiral combined with a mottled hand-dyed piece. I had another dark hand dyed piece for the border. I quilted it using the Linda Taylor feathers and curls pantograph. The swirls in the quilting design coordinate well with the swirls on the quilt.


It looks nice on the back of the couch in their living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment