Friday, October 7, 2011

Demolition

I left home Thursday morning with all of the walls in place and when I got home at 5:00 this is what I found. They say demolition goes the fastest - and that sure is true.
They have kept the washer and dryer in place - at least for now. I expect that before long I will be headed to the Laundromat - but for now it is nice to still have them. it is just completely open to the garage right now.

The wall between the garage and the house is getting adjusted. Previously there was an 18 inch jog in the wall, which made the garage very tight.  After the renovation the wall will be straightened out and it will be easier to open the car door in the garage.

Here is the view from standing in the laundry room area and looking towards what will be my new quilt studio - all of that space is going to be wonderful!


Here is the view from the old quilt room (where the long arm had its original home) towards the expanded space for the quilt studio.  the vertical window was in the study before.  It sure doesn't take them long to knock down some walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment