Sunday, October 16, 2011

Update On Renovations

It's been a little over a week since the renovations stated and we are still making progress.  Yesterday, the family room needed to be cleared out. Of course that meant dealing with all of the cords that connect the stereo system and TV. Anna Lee (my grad student) came over to help me - and we took lots of pictures of which wire came out of which location.  If the pictures aren't enough when I go to put it all back together I'll have to get Don Lucyshyn to come back down here and set it up again - since he was the one who set it all up initially.
Once the TV and stereo were out of the way we took up the carpet- voila empty room! This room will have cork on the floor.
Now for an update in the other area. Here is the new 1/2 bath all framed in. By repositioning the bathroom and cutting it down to just the size needed for a 1/2 bath I am gaining a lot of extra space.
Here is what will be my new laundry room.  As you can see, the washer and dryer have been disconnected - so I experienced one of the externalities associated with getting renovations done - the laundromat! It wasn't too bad - but I sure will be pleased to get my laundry room functioning again!


No comments:

Post a Comment